Automotive Paint Correction Training Program
The Automotive Paint Correction Training Program is designed to provide participants with comprehensive knowledge and practical skills in automotive paint correction techniques. Participants will learn the fundamentals of paint correction, including surface preparation, defect identification, correction methods, and polishing techniques. The program combines theoretical learning with hands-on training to ensure participants develop the expertise required to achieve professional-level paint correction results.
Course Duration: 5 days (approximately 40 hours)
- Understand the basics of automotive paint and the importance of paint correction.
- Learn how to perform a thorough paint inspection and identify various paint defects.
- Develop proficiency in surface preparation techniques, including washing, decontamination, and masking.
- Gain knowledge of different paint correction methods and their appropriate applications.
- Master the use of paint correction tools and equipment, including dual-action polishers, rotary polishers, pads, and compounds.
- Acquire skills in paint defect removal, such as swirl marks, scratches, oxidation, and water spots.
- Learn advanced polishing techniques to achieve optimal clarity, gloss, and depth in automotive paint.
- Understand the importance of proper paint protection and provide recommendations to clients.
- Familiarize yourself with safety protocols and best practices for working with paint correction products and equipment.
Day 1: Introduction to Automotive Paint Correction+
- Overview of paint correction and its significance in automotive detailing.
- Understanding different types of automotive paint and finishes.
- Introduction to common paint defects, such as swirl marks, scratches, holograms, oxidation, and water spots.
- Basic principles of paint thickness measurement and analysis.
- Introduction to paint correction tools and equipment.
Day 2: Surface Preparation Techniques+
- Proper washing techniques to minimize the risk of introducing additional defects.
- Decontamination methods, including the use of clay bars and iron fallout removers.
- Masking and taping techniques to protect surrounding surfaces.
- Inspection and evaluation of paint defects using appropriate lighting and inspection tools.
Day 3: Paint Correction Methods and Techniques+
- Overview of different paint correction methods, including one-step, two-step, and multi-step correction processes.
- Selection and use of appropriate abrasives, compounds, and polishes.
- Hands-on practice with dual-action polishers and rotary polishers.
- Step-by-step correction techniques for various paint defects.
Day 4: Advanced Polishing Techniques+
- Understanding pad types and their impact on paint correction results.
- Advanced polishing techniques, including leveling, refining, and jeweling.
- Introduction to wet sanding for severe defect removal.
- Enhancing paint gloss, clarity, and depth through the use of finishing polishes.
Day 5: Paint Protection and Conclusion+
- Introduction to paint protection products, including waxes, sealants, and ceramic coatings.
- Application techniques and best practices for paint protection.
- Final inspection and evaluation of paint correction results.
- Conclusion and review of key concepts and techniques.
- Q&A session and certification distribution.